First State Hospice provides care for the whole person – body, mind and spirit. We work with patients to allow them to share their concerns, hopes and thoughts, in order for us to meet their unique needs in the best ways possible.
Our services include:
- Compassionate and comforting care by an interdisciplinary team of clinicians and social workers.
- Management of pain and symptoms.
- Spiritual and emotional support.
- Medications, medical supplies and equipment.
- Family and patient education.
- Comforting treatments and therapies.
- Bereavement services.
At First State Hospice, hospice care takes a collaborative team approach, one that incorporates the patient, their loved ones and other health care professionals. The First State collaborative team includes:
- Families and patients.
- Medical Director of First State Hospice.
- The patient’s physician.
- Registered nurses.
- Hospice aides.
- Social worker.
- Spiritual care coordinator.
- Bereavement counselor.
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists.
At First State Hospice, we welcome and encourage the involvement of family and friends at each step of the patient’s health care and hospice journey. It is normal for loved ones to be faced with significant challenges, as the entire process can be extremely emotional and confusing. First State is here for you, to answer questions and clarify concerns.